Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana
Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana scheme details such as benefits , required documents and eligibility are explained here . Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana balance check and pass book payment details , lists of bank providing are mentioned below . Yo can download all Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana form here .
|Plan Name||Sukanya Samriddhi Account|
|Account Type||Small Saving Scheme|
|Specifically for||Girl Children|
|Lock-in Period||8 years|
|Minimum Deposit||Rs. 250|
|Maximum Deposit||Rs. 1.5 lakh|
|Premature Withdrawal||Allowed at 18 years only|
|Available Banks||More than 25 banks|
What is Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana Account Scheme
- Minimum deposit ₹ 250/- Maximum deposit ₹ 1.5 Lakh in a financial year.
- Account can be opened in the name of a girl child till she attains the age of 10 years.
- Only one account can be opened in the name of a girl child.
- Account can be opened in Post offices and in authorized banks.
- Withdrawal shall be allowed for the purpose of higher education of the Account holder to meet education expenses.
- The account can be prematurely closed in case of marriage of girl child after her attaining the age of 18 years.
- The account can be transferred anywhere in India from one Post office/Bank to another.
- The account shall mature on completion of a period of 21 years from the date of opening of account.
- Deposit qualifies for deduction under Sec.80-C of I.T.Act.
- Interest earned in the account is free from Income Tax under Section -10 of I.T.Act.
Benefits of Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana Account
Opening a Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana Account can be beneficial for all parties involved, with some of the benefits highlighted below.
- Easy to open – This account can be opened by the parent/legal guardian of a girl child without ant hassles. Simple documentation and paperwork make it a seamless affair.
- Low deposit amount – This account can be opened with a minimum deposit of Rs 250 with an option to increase it in multiples of Rs 100. This low amount ensures that maintaining this account is not financially taxing on the family. A maximum deposit amount of Rs 1,50,000 per year is permitted under this scheme.
- High Interest – This account earns an interest of 7.6% per annum. This interest is compounded and credited annually, building a corpus of funds at maturity.
- Flexible deposit modes – Deposits towards this account can be made either in the form of cash, cheque or demand draft.
- Account operation – The girl child under whose name an account is opened can choose to operate it once she attains the age of 10 years, giving her freedom to choose for herself.
- Tax exemption – Deposits made towards this scheme are eligible for tax deduction under Section 80C of the Income Tax Act, making them a great tax saving avenue. The interest earned and the amount paid at maturity are also tax-free, ensuring that the girl child has the full amount at her disposal.
- Payment only to girl child – As per the provisions of this scheme, the maturity amount will be paid only to the girl child under whose name an account is opened. This ensures that the money can be used by the girl accordingly, ensuring that no one else usurps this money.
- Premature withdrawal – A girl child can choose to withdraw a portion of the amount when she turns 18 years old. This amount can be used for higher studies or towards marriage preparations.
- Easy revival – An inactive account can be revived by paying a fee of Rs 50 plus the minimum deposit for that term.
- Additional interest – An account will continue to accrue interest even after maturity, till the date it is officially closed.
- Transfer – An account can be transferred to any authorized post office or bank in the country, ensuring that relocation has no impact on the future of the girl child.
Documents required for Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana Account
Individuals who wish to open a Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana Account for their daughter need to submit the following documents.
- Birth certificate – The parents/legal guardian should provide proof of birth of girl child to the relevant authorities. This birth certificate can be obtained from the hospital where the child was born or through government agencies. In case the birth certificate cannot be obtained, a certificate of domicile issued by government officials will be needed. If this certificate cannot be obtained, one could get a certificate of the date of birth from the principal of the school in which the girl studies.
- Address proof of parents/legal guardian – The parents/legal guardian who wish to open this account on behalf of a girl child are expected to furnish proof of their residence before an account can be opened. This address proof could be any valid government approved ID card like passport, driving license, ration card, electricity/telephone bill, etc.
- Identity proof of parents/legal guardian – The parents/legal guardians who intend to open a Sukanya Samriddhi Account for their daughter should present a valid ID proof in order to process the application. This could be any government issued ID card like driving license, passport, Aadhar card, voter ID card, etc.
It is important for the birth certificate to have the correct name of the girl child as this document makes her eligible to withdraw the money on maturity and discrepancies in certain details could cause delays and complications in the future. The bank will issue a passbook containing details about the girl child. This passbook needs to be updated everytime a deposit is made and is required at the time of withdrawal.
How To Check Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana Account Balance
The Sukanya Samriddhi account balance can be checked both online and offline through its electronic and physical passbook. The passbook will reflect all the financial transactions that are made from the account. You can check the account balance through the bank or post office branches from where the account was opened. The balance can also be checked online on the bank’s website after receiving the internet login credentials from the bank where the account was opened.
How to check Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana Balance
- Offline Method
- Online Method
1. Offline Method: As mentioned earlier, more than 25 banks offer the facility to open Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana account. When an individual opens an SSY account with one of these banks, they are provided with a passbook for the same. The passbook can be updated on a regular basis to know the balance of the Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana account.
2. Online method: With the advent of digitalisation, the SSY balance can now be checked online as well through the account statements. The steps mentioned below have to be followed to know the SSY account balance:
Check Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana Balance Online
- Step – 1: Apply and collect the login credentials of the SSY account from the respective bank. However, it should be noted that all the banks have not started offering this facility as of now. Thus, you will be able to enjoy this facility only if the bank offers the facility.
- Step – 2: These login credentials can be used to log in to the internet banking portal of the bank.
- Step – 3: After logging in to the account, you can go to the homepage and check the balance there. It might be displayed on the dashboard of the account as well.
- Step – 4: It should be kept in mind that this process will only give you the access to view the balance. You will not be able to make any transactions through this portal.
List of Banks offering Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana Savings Account
Some of the banks located in India have been authorised by the Indian Government to open Sukanya Samriddhi Savings accounts (SSA). Some of these are State Bank of India (SBI), Syndicate Bank, UCO Bank, Indian Bank, IDBI Bank, Canara Bank, etc.
(On 23 July 2018, the criteria for the minimum annual deposit for the Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana account had been revised to Rs.250 from the earlier amount of Rs.1,000. The interest rate of Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana scheme was reduced from 8.4% to 7.6% p.a. and it is compounded on an annual basis.)
The Reserve Bank of India has authorized the following banks to open Sukanya Samriddhi Savings accounts (SSA).
- Axis Bank Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana
- Andhra Bank Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana
- Allahabad Bank Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana
- State Bank of India Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana
- Bank of Maharashtra Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana
- Bank of India Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana
- Bank of Baroda Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana
- Vijaya Bank Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana
- Indian Overseas Bank Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana
- Indian Bank Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana
- IDBI Bank Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana
- ICICI Bank Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana
- United Bank of India Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana
- Union Bank of India Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana
- UCO Bank Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana
- Punjab National Bank Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana
- Syndicate Bank Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana
- Punjab & Sind Bank Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana
- Oriental Bank of Commerce Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana
- Dena Bank Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana
- Corporation Bank Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana
- Canara Bank Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana
- Central Bank of India Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana
- State Bank of Bikaner & Jaipur Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana
- State Bank of Travancore Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana
- State Bank of Hyderabad Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana
- State Bank of Patiala Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana
- State Bank of Mysore Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana
The account can also be opened at post offices. You will need to make an initial deposit of Rs.250 and submit your documents in order to open the account.
Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana Forms Download
There are many forms use in the process of applying and availing the service of Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana . You can download all Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana form here . Please check Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana forms below
Incoming search terms:
- iob ssy account
- Sakunya samriddhi payment slip pdf download
- Sukanya samridhi yojna pay in slip